Sunday, February 3, 2008

#19 Music and other audio

Music is not a big thing with me. I don't listen to the radio and couldn't match up the artists and music from much past the 60's. Sad, I know. I recognize some of the songs; I just don't know who sang them. After all I used to listen to lots of music in the car and roller skating when my kids were teens. However, I have to say that last. fm is great for suggesting similiar music. I put in some really old rock 'n roll, and it brought up artists I used to like in my past life, commonly called youth. Also you can't listen to the whole song, just a clip unless you join.

The sound effects site had limited sounds, and I couldn't just listen to them. They have to uploaded, downloaded, or emailed.

I did have a good time on the internet archive looking at cartoon and animation videos. My favorite was a one minute presentation on Fair Trade using Sims---very well done. I think youtube is a lot easier to use though.

Mango languages could be very useful, even in a library. I started out with Russian, but it was not clear what was going on. I then switched to German which I know a bit about. I think a person could learn enough for a trip if they went through all the lessons. There is lots of repetition.

Happy Camper

No comments: