Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Podcasting, or simply casting and hoping somthing gets hooked

This project turned out to be fun, but I would need much more time to really explore. I could not figure out how iTunes works but I finally did find the link to podcasts. I downloaded iTunes to my computer, but I don't know where it went. At any rate Firefox can't find it, so I couldn't listen to any poscasts there.

I went to podcasts.net looking for something that wouldn't put me to sleep and unfortunately settled on a 17 minute recording of four or five women talking about romantic deal breakers. It took these ladies 3-4 minutes to finally cut the small talk and get to the subject. After all that they never said much interesting and continued to chitchat. I could have read it in two minutes and wasted much less time. There was an interesting short podcast from the American Bar Assn on how to do quick and dirty research in 30 minutes or less on free websites when the client can't be billed (at which point they apparantly use the expensive databases.) Anyway the ideas weren't bad, but they would do better to call their local law librarian or public library in my opinion.

I used yahoo.podcasts to find the Legal Underground podcast on depositions. Here is a goldmine for anyone having to be on a jury or anyone filing a lawsuit pro-se or anyone called as a witness in court. It helped me get inside the mind of the lawyer. I haven't read anything quite so specific to the lawyer since I haven't access to legal journals. The lawyer spoke quickly and to the point which I appreciated.

Happycamper

No comments: